Monday, August 31, 2009

All You Can Eat?


Joel Prunty, media manager – everyday I come into work and check out the Lodges of the Day on AllCanada.com. I do this to keep in tune with what’s happening in the camp business.
Not long ago, I was on Ogoki Frontier’s site – outpost operators out of Armstrong, Ontario – and noticed a banner that offered an August special “all you can eat blueberries”. It caught my attention because very few outpost operators offer food and blueberries are expensive.
Then I got it…and laughed out load. If you’ve ever been in the Canadian bush in August blueberries are everywhere…hence all you can eat.
I was reminded of Ogoki’ Frontier’s offer after viewing pictures from Steve Cegielski’s family trip last week. They picked enough wild blueberries to make blueberry pancakes for the kids.
If you are ever driving through the Ontario bush in August and come across an area that has been logged in the last five years or so…grab your bucket and start picking because you’ll be in blueberry heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment