Monday, September 13, 2010

Lost Landmark


By: Steve Cegielski, All-Canada Show, Operations Manager

Last Tuesday Vermillion Bay, Ontaio lost a landmark business. The Village Corner burned, taking out a great resturant and tackle shop visited by many anglers / hunter traveling up the Red Lake Highway (Hwy 105). I've personally eaten many great meals in the resturant and own my fair share of last minute tackle from the Village Corner.

Sad to see such a thriving business end, but hopefully rebuilding plans are already under way. I was able to have one last visit....last week Saturday I purchased a few trout jigs on my way north to Ear Falls. Little did I know three days later the building would burn. I did capture a few photos of the damage on our way south last weekend.

Good Luck to all Moose hunter getting ready to head north....Archery bull hunters are packing, and warming up their vocal cords to call in the massive bull moose.

No comments:

Post a Comment