Friday, August 27, 2010

Making memories and living life


By: Jennifer Young, All-Canada Show owner

This summer has been so fun. My family has made so many great memories together. As I get older, I am starting to appreciate people in my life more than ever. I recently had a friend who died of a heart attack at age 41, and his facebook page had pictures of a cruise that he took with his wife and daughters last year. I am certain that his family is so glad that they didn't wait to take that vacation.

When money is tight, people sometimes want to give up things that they should keep (family vacations) and keep things that should be given up (wasteful spending - daily cups of coffee from Starbucks, fast food, extra vehicles, interest from credit cards, etc). If you want to discuss more ways to save money for your next trip to Canada, please email me at jennifer@allcanada.com

When I look back on my life, I can remember the sights, smells, sounds from trips to Canada and other places much more than I remember other childhood memories. My youngest child is 9 and my oldest is 13, and it seems like yesterday when they were born. They all remember our trips together to Canada, and it is such a great tradition - way better than going to Disney World! Take your kids with you on your fishing trip to Canada - it is OK for them to spend some time at the camp or lodge without video games and all of the other entertainment that they have at home. Kids love to spend time with their parents, and they love it when your cell phone is turned off or not usable! Parents love their children, and we want the best for them. The biggest gift that you can give your children is your time. Enjoy them now while they are still young.

I am laughing out loud (lol) in the boat. It is an unusual picture of me, but it makes me smile every time that I see it, so I wanted to share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment