Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Don't Forget Your Card

Joel Prunty, Media Manager - U.S. residents 18 and older are required to purchase a Outdoors Card to fish in Ontario. You may have purchased the card last year – which is good for three years – if you did do not forget to bring it along on this years trip.

If you have never had an Outdoors Card, you can purchase a "Non-Canadian Resident Temporary Fishing Outdoors Card and Application" from one of more than 1,800 licence issuers across the province. The Non-Canadian Resident Temporary Fishing Outdoors Card and Application does not include the fishing licence tag. The fishing licence tag will be a separate paper permit.

The temporary Outdoors Card and paper licence are effective immediately. Your plastic Outdoors Card will be mailed to you by year end, and is valid for three calendar years (including the year of purchase).

Non-Canadian resident hunters can also fish under the authority of their Outdoor Card (hunting version) with the appropriate fishing licence tag.

You can also get more information on the Outdoors Card by calling the Outdoors Card Centre at 1-800-387-7011. This toll-free number works from all of North America, from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time). Or visit the Ontario MNR website.

No comments:

Post a Comment