Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St Patricks Day


Joel Prunty, Media Manager - The weather here in Wisconsin is best described as “summer like”. When I was young and foolish we would have paid to have a St Patrick’s Day like today. Back then, the day was a all-day party and being outside would have only made it better.

My St Patrick’s Days now are much tamer; tonight I will feast on corned beef and cabbage with Irish soda bread, followed by a trip to the couch.

Not many people recognize my last name as being Irish, but Prunty is just that. All my grandparents were Irish although my Grandpa Hutch denied that his family ever resided on the Green Isle. I heard an Irish joke today that reminded me of Grandpa Hutch…many Irish suffer from Irish Alzheimer’s…they’ve forgotten everything but their grudges!

Enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment