Monday, May 24, 2010

Top 3 Pike Lures


by Rodney Schlafer – Show Director – All-Canada Show. I love catching big pike, and if you are an avid pike or musky fisherman you too probably have lots of lures. I personally have over 100 Pike/Musky lures in my tackle box. It seems I buy a few new lures every time I go to Canada in hopes it will be the hot lure that I will throw for the entire week.

I always have a hard time deciding what lures will go on a trip and what will stay at home. Obviously if I am going on a drive-in fishing trip where weight limitations are not an issue I tend to bring more lures than if I am going on a fly-in. I always have intentions of using every lure I bring…however I seem to always go back to my favorite baits as I know they all produce.

These lures are my top 3 and tend to be what I will throw the most of all my lures. And they seem to work in all types of water.

My TOP three lures of choice

1. The red and white Daredevil

2. Mepps Musky killer orange blade with black marabou

3. Suick I have every color but tend to rely on black or red and white




If you I could only bring three lures on a Canadian fishing trip these are my lures I would bring. Although I would bring a few back-ups just in case…if you care to share your top three Pike lures email me rod@allcanada.com and I will blog about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment