Monday, July 12, 2010

New Gadgets


Joel Prunty, media manager, All-Canada Show – I like gadgets. In fact I wish I could afford more of them. Some of my personal favorites are my key chain knife sharpener, an infrared pocket thermometer for measuring fish fry oil at shore lunch and of course my GPS.

This year I will be testing a new gadget…a Rapala cordless electric fillet knife. For me it doesn’t pay to purchase an electric fillet knife because there aren’t any electrical outlets at shore lunch in the Canadian wilderness. In fact, there are not electric outlets in the fish house of any outpost cabins either.

The first week of August I head on my first Canada adventure of the year to Uchi Lake Lodge, a fly-in American plan camp north of Sioux Lookout, Ontario. This trip will be unguided, so I will be doing the fish filleting and can hardly wait to break in the newest gadget.

I have never used an electric fillet knife of any kind, so this will be an experiment. The way I look at this…the faster I can fillet a walleye the quicker I can get to eating it! I’ll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment